- [email protected]
• Peek is a social impact enterprise which is on a mission to create knowledge and technology that empowers healthcare providers to deliver quality, sustainable eye and health services for everyone.
• More than 285 million people worldwide are visually impaired, 39 million are blind and 80% of that blindness is avoidable. An estimated 2.5 billion people are unable to see as well as they could because they have no way of accessing basic care or treatment. The Peek team is working with partners in the UK and globally to change this.
• Peek is developing smartphone apps and devices which can be used to examine people’s eyes easily in homes, communities and schools, so we can reach far more people, particularly in remote and low-income settings.
• Peek is building a team of experienced and highly committed eye care professionals, software developers, hardware engineers, partnerships specialists, designers and leaders in public eye health research to enable “Vision and Health for Everyone”.
• Peek is the trading name of Peek Vision Ltd, a legal manufacturer of medical devices which is working towards sustainably delivering high impact eye care. Peek Vision Ltd is 100% owned by the Peek Vision Foundation, a UK registered charity. Profits generated by the Company go to the Foundation to enable it to build eye care capacity in low and middle-income countries by supporting three primary areas “People, Knowledge and Tools”.
• Peek is a spin out from the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine and they continue to work closely together as partners to enhance both organisations’ impact through knowledge transfer, research and innovation.
• Peek receives funding from The Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust through a grant to the International Centre for Eye Health at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine which is coordinated by the Commonwealth Eye Health Consortium.
• Other funding has come from various organisations including Standard Chartered’s Seeing is Believing Initiative, Clearly, Rolex and others, as well as via crowdfunding.
• We are extremely grateful to everyone who has helped us to date. If you are interested in supporting Peek, you can donate by visiting UK DONATIONS USA DONATIONS
• You can also sign up for updates in our NEWSLETTER