Blog: New Supplier–Flinders Vision
I am pleased to welcome Flinders Vision to the IAPB Standard List. Flinders Vision is owned and run by Flinders University which is a state funded tertiary education institution that was established in South Australia in 1966. Flinders Vision was established in 2014 and is part of Optometry and Vision Science in the College of Nursing and Health Sciences at Flinders University. Our clinic was established to:
- provide a first class facility to train and educate our future optometrists
- provide a general optometry clinic that is available to everyone
- provide specific clinics to assist people with a range of eye health needs
- utilise state-of-the-art equipment to diagnose and treat the full range of acute and chronic eye conditions
- support research into treatments for common eye conditions
Flinders Vision have the sole rights to market the Watkins Fundus Lens, developed and designed by Dr Rod Watkins. Dr Watkins, an expert in the field of optical lenses and the founder of Scan Optics developed this unique fundus lens. The lens is designed for ease of use and has the advantages of high resolution over a wide field of view (85 Degrees).